Citizens of Caras Galadhon
About the rules.
These rules are here for you as member of the Citizens of Caras Galadhon and for the kinship to keep playing the Lord of the Rings Online with fun and to maintain a good reputation on our [EN-RP] Laurelin server with our kinship.
• You are a Citizen of Caras Galadhon so treat other people as you want to be treated.
• Any complaints about someone's behaviour, a member of the Citizens of Caras Galadhon or not, take it up with one of our officers and he will take the proper action. DO NOT COMPLAIN IN PUBLIC!!! It will damage our reputation.
• You will not put a kinship member on your ignore list. This is to keep the communication going with our kinship.
• English is our written language in the game and forum. But if you are in a Fellowship, Raid and all speak and understand another language (for example Dutch) then you can use that language.
• Try to avoid smilies in public channels (/say /RP ) in the game because our [EN-RP] Laurelin server is, as the name says, a role-playing server. Instead use a emote like /lol or /me smiles. Ofcourse if you are in a /fellowship or /tell channel you can use smilies if there is no role-play in it.
• Do not power emote.
• We do not use the /slap emotion it shows disrespect to other players.
• The Kinship channel is not a public channel so it's allowed to use smilies, except when there is a Kinship RP event on this chat channel.
• Try to send the correct sort of message in the correct channel so no /OOC chat in the /Globallff channel.
• English is our spoken language in the game. But if you are in a Fellowship, Raid or TeamSpeak room and all speak and understand another language (for example Dutch) then you can use that language.
• We have a TeamSpeak server. All our members and all the members of kinships that we are friends with are allowed to join.
• We prefer to use the TeamSpeak server over the ingame voice chat because the sound quality is much better. And you can chat with everyone even when you are not in a Fellowship or Raid.
• You must agree with the rules of our kinship.
• You will not have access to the kinship containers till you a Citizen (member)
• You are allowed to join in on Kinship events, raids etc…
• You will need to register on the forum with your main character name.
• We have the following ranks in our kinship: Einior (Founder), Tūr (leader), Neuro (successor), Caun's (officers), Citizens (members) and Travellers (recruits)
Who does what?
• The Einior (Founder) is the most important person in our kinship and she will only attend on special events, but her role in our kinship is only ceremonial but if she speaks her words count heavy in our kinship.
• The Tūr is the leader of our kinship.
• The Neuro is the leader in our kinship if the Tūr is not present.
• Cauns are the people who are looking in to the daily things of the kinship.
• Citizens are al the other players within our kinship except for the new members (Travellers)
• Travellers are our new members
• Kinship Council: The Tūr, Neuro and Cauns form the Kinship Council. Together there decide over important things and which direction to go with our kinship.
• Caun: You can become a Caun if you have been a member for a long period within our kinship, do a lot for the Kinship or play more then an average Citizen.
• Citizens: Travellers (recruits) can become a Citizens (member) after 2 to 4 weeks in our Kinship with good behaviour. If there is any doubt the Kinship Council will talk about it and decide if the Traveller (recruit) can become a Citizen (member).
• Add the address of our kinship house in your personal biography of your character, so that other players can see the address and visit our kinship house.
• Add the link of our website in your personal biography of your character. (www.cocg.tk) So that other players can visit our website and forum.
• It is nice if you have a small story about yourself in your Personal biography but is not needed.
• If you have alts in our kinship add the name of your main character to your players note. This makes life a lot easier for all of us.
The Kinship house is the pride of our Kinship and our goal is to buy one in Lothlórien (if there is a housing area coming in Lothlórien) and decorate it as the most beautiful kinship house on the [EN-RP] Laurelin server.
• The kinship house will always be open for everyone on the server, So you can invite friends to see it.
• The Tūr (leader), Neuro (successor), Caun's (officers) and Citizens (members) need to pay maintenance on our Kinship house. We will do this in weekly turns. The Tūr or Neuro (successor) will send a ingame mail to the one that needs to pay. Travelers (recruits) do not have to pay maintenance but if their are becoming a member there will. This will be only for your main character in our kinship so your alts do not have to pay.
• Only the Tūr (leader), Neuro (successor) and Caun's (officers) will have direct access to the kinship chests.
• The kinship chest will be used for storing special items like recipes, blue amour, weapons , etc... If you want to use an item from it, send a mail or /tell to someone who has direct access to the kinship chests and he will give it to you for free. So do not give it away or sell it.
• You can also add an item to a kinship chest, just mail it to an officer and say in the mail that it is for the kinship chest and he will add it.
•Kinship mail can only used by the Kinship Council. If you want to send a mail to the kinship you can ask a Kinship Council member to do it for you.
If you do not act according to the rules of the Citizens of Caras Galadhon, some actions can be taken against you.
• 1st time: A private warning from a Caun.
• 2nd time: Second private warning from a Caun.
• 3rd time: Third private warning from the Tūr. You will be demoted to a Traveller (recruit). Travellers rules will then also apply to you.
• 4th and last time: You will be banned from the kinship, forum and the TeamSpeak server.
• If you really misbehaved according to the kinship rules the Tūr can decide to ban you from the kinship, forum and the TeamSpeak server right away without any warnings.
• If you are going to be offline for a longer time please let the Tūr know by mail, /tell or post a message on the forum. If you can tell how long you are offline that should be a pré. If you do not let anything know the following rules will apply.
Kinship Council members.
• 30 days off-line: Demoted to Citizen.
• 61 days off-line: Demoted to Traveller.
• 91 days off-line: Kicked from kinship.
• 30 days off-line: Demoted to Traveller.
• 61 days off-line: Kicked from kinship.
• 31 days off-line: Kicked from kinship.
Selling and Crafting items
• If you sell items to another kinship member do it for a kinship price (a nice discount).
• Crafting for a kinship member is free as long he provides the needed materials. If you need to buy the needed materials you may charge him with the price of the materials and a small fee of 5% of the total money you did spent on buying the materials needed. See this 5% fee as a pay for your search for getting the materials.
We are a light role-playing kinship and will have some RP events. These events can be Kinship only, part kinship/public and public. Some examples:
• A promotion within the kinship. Kinship only event and friends of the promoted person. (If you like to get promoted in RP style)
• A citizen goes to the Grey Havens. (someone stops playing this character) Kinship only event.
• Birthday party of our kinship or a citizen. Public event.
When there is an event you can see it in the proper section on the forum and in the “message of the day” a week ahead.
We know it’s a long list of rules but they are here for you and our kinship to keep things going. We hope you understand that. Also we are happy to get feedback on these rules and we try to always be open-minded for positive or negative comments on these rules.